2010/06/07

avant-garde icon before gaga... bjork



I heard some news from my little sister, Erin, on the East Coast earlier today. She may have the opportunity to do an interview with the world-renowned artist BJORK! I'm so very proud of her, but very jealous...


When I was in junior high, I remember not knowing who this insanely creative artist was... outside of the Swan Dress she wore to the Oscars. I found a few songs and was instantly obsessed. Her voice is entrancing and intense. Joga and All Is Full Of Love are two of my favorite songs of all time and Dancer in the Dark is one of my favorite films (I've never cried so hard.). There is so much passion in that woman... singing and otherwise. (I'm trying to stay unpolitical in this post.)


Bjork's style is pure avant-garde... free from any restriction of reality. It is often pure fantasy which is incredibly inspiring. She stirs up so many emotions in my heart.










*Everyone keep your fingers-crossed for my sister... as well as me. (I like to live vicariously through her from time to time.)
Pictures borrowed from Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment